Learning Elastic Stack 7.0 Second Edition
Distributed search, analytics, and visualization using Elasticsearch, Logstash, Beats, and Kibana
- 출간 정보
- 2019.05.31. 전자책 출간
- 파일 정보
<Learning Elastic Stack 7.0 Second Edition> ▶What You Will Learn
- Install and configure an Elasticsearch architecture
- Solve the full-text search problem with Elasticsearch
- Discover powerful analytics capabilities through aggregations using Elasticsearch
- Build a data pipeline to transfer data from a variety of sources into Elasticsearch for analysis
- Create interactive dashboards for effective storytelling with your data using Kibana
- Learn how to secure, monitor and use Elastic Stack's alerting and reporting capabilities
- Take applications to an on-premise or cloud-based production environment with Elastic Stack
- Gain access to new features and updates introduced in Elastic Stack 7.0
- Grasp the fundamentals of Elastic Stack including Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana
- Explore useful tips for using Elastic Cloud and deploying Elastic Stack in production environments
▶Who This Book Is For
This book is for entry-level data professionals, software engineers, e-commerce developers, and full-stack developers who want to learn about Elastic Stack and how the real-time processing and search engine works for business analytics and enterprise search applications. Previous experience with Elastic Stack is not required, however knowledge of data warehousing and database concepts will be helpful.
▶What this book covers
- Chapter 1, Introducing Elastic Stack, motivates you by introducing the core components of Elastic Stack, and the importance of the distributed, scalable search and analytics that Elastic Stack offers by means of use cases involving Elasticsearch. The chapter provides a brief introduction to all the core components, where they fit into the overall stack, and the purpose of each component. It concludes with instructions for downloading and installing Elasticsearch and Kibana to get started.
- Chapter 2, Getting Started with Elasticsearch, introduces the core concepts involved in Elasticsearch, which form the backbone of the Elastic Stack. Concepts such as indexes, types, nodes, and clusters are introduced. You will also be introduced to the REST API to perform essential operations, datatypes, and mappings.
- Chapter 3, Searching – What is Relevant, focuses on the search use case of Elasticsearch. It introduces the concepts of text analysis, tokenizers, analyzers, and the need for analysis and relevance-based searches. The chapter highlights an example use case to cover the relevance-based search topics.
- Chapter 4, Analytics with Elasticsearch, covers various types of aggregations by means of examples in order for you to acquire an in-depth understanding. This chapter covers very simple to complex aggregations to get powerful insights from terabytes of data. The chapter also covers the motivation behind using different types of aggregations.
- Chapter 5, Analyzing Log Data, establishes the foundation for the motivation behind Logstash, its architecture, and installing and configuring Logstash to set up basic data pipelines. Elastic 5 introduced ingest nodes, which can be used instead of a dedicated Logstash setup. This chapter also covers building pipelines using Elastic ingest nodes.
-Chapter 6, Building Data Pipelines with Logstash, builds on the fundamental knowledge of Logstash by means of transformations and aggregation-related filters. It covers how the rich set of filters brings Logstash closer to the other real-time and near real-time stream processing frameworks with zero coding. It introduces the Beats platform, along with FileBeat components, to transport log files from edge machines.
- Chapter 7, Visualizing Data with Kibana, covers how to effectively use Kibana to build beautiful dashboards for effective story telling regarding your data. It uses a sample dataset and provides step-by-step guidance on creating visualizations with just a few clicks.
- Chapter 8, Elastic X-Pack, covers how to add the extensions required for specific use cases. Elastic X-Pack is a set of extensions developed and maintained by Elastic Stack developers. These extensions are maintained with consistent versioning.
- Chapter 9, Running Elastic Stack in Production, puts together a complete application for sensor data analytics with the concepts learned so far. It is entirely reliant on Elastic Stack components and close to zero programming. It shows how to model your data in Elasticsearch, how to build the data pipeline to ingest data, and then visualize it using Kibana. It also demonstrates how to effectively use X-Pack components to secure, monitor, and get alerts when certain conditions are met in this real-world example.
- Chapter 10, Building a Sensor Data Analytics Application, covers recommendations on how to deploy Elastic Stack to production. ElasticSearch can be deployed to solve a variety of use cases, such as product search, log analytics, and sensor data analytics. This chapter provides recommendations for taking your application to production. It provides guidelines on typical configurations that need to be looked at for different use cases. It also covers deployment in cloud-based hosted providers such as Elastic Cloud.
- Chapter 11, Monitoring Server Infrastructure, shows how you can use Elastic Stack to set up a real-time monitoring solution for your servers and applications that is built entirely using Elastic Stack. This can help prevent and minimize downtime while also improving the end user experience.
The Elastic Stack is a powerful combination of tools for techniques such as distributed search, analytics, logging, and visualization of data. Elastic Stack 7.0 encompasses new features and capabilities that will enable you to find unique insights into analytics using these techniques. This book will give you a fundamental understanding of what the stack is all about, and help you use it efficiently to build powerful real-time data processing applications.
The first few sections of the book will help you understand how to set up the stack by installing tools, and exploring their basic configurations. You'll then get up to speed with using Elasticsearch for distributed searching and analytics, Logstash for logging, and Kibana for data visualization. As you work through the book, you will discover the technique of creating custom plugins using Kibana and Beats. This is followed by coverage of the Elastic X-Pack, a useful extension for effective security and monitoring. You'll also find helpful tips on how to use Elastic Cloud and deploy Elastic Stack in production environments.
By the end of this book, you'll be well versed with the fundamental Elastic Stack functionalities and the role of each component in the stack to solve different data processing problems.
▶About the Author
- Pranav Shukla
Pranav Shukla is the founder and CEO of Valens DataLabs, a technologist, husband, and father of two. He is a big data architect and software craftsman who uses JVM-based languages. Pranav has over 14 years' experience in architecting enterprise applications for Fortune 500 companies and start-ups. His core expertise lies in building JVM-based, scalable, reactive, and data-driven applications using Java/Scala, the Hadoop ecosystem, Apache Spark, and NoSQL databases. Pranav founded Valens DataLabs with the vision of helping companies to leverage data to their competitive advantage. In his spare time, he enjoys reading books, playing musical instruments, singing, listening to music, and watching cricket.
- Sharath Kumar M N
Sharath Kumar M N did his master's in computer science at the University of Texas, Dallas, USA. He is currently working as a senior principal architect at Broadcom. Prior to this, he was working as an Elasticsearch solutions architect at Oracle. He has given several tech talks at conferences such as Oracle Code events. Sharath is a certified trainer – Elastic Certified Instructor – one of the few technology experts in the world who has been certified by Elastic Inc. to deliver their official from the creators of Elastic training. He is also a data science and machine learning enthusiast.
In his free time, he likes playing with his lovely niece, Monisha; nephew, Chirayu; and his pet, Milo.
▶TABLE of CONTENTS
1. Introducing Elastic Stack
2. Getting Started with Elasticsearch
3. Searching - What is Relevant
4. Analytics with Elasticsearch
5. Analyzing Log Data
6. Building Data Pipelines with Logstash
7. Visualizing Data with Kibana
8. Elastic X-Pack
9. Running Elastic Stack in Production
10. Building a Sensor Data Analytics Application
11. Monitoring Server Infrastructure
내가 남긴 별점 0.0
'구매자' 표시는 리디북스에서 유료도서 결제 후 다운로드 하시거나 리디셀렉트 도서를 다운로드하신 경우에만 표시됩니다.
본문 끝 최상단으로 돌아가기
사용 가능 : 개
<>부터 총 화
총 화 대여 완료했습니다.
남은 작품 : 총 화 (원)
Learning Elastic Stack 7.0 Second Edition
대여 기간 : 일
결제 금액 : 원
결제 가능한 리디캐시, 포인트가 없습니다.
리디캐시를 충전하시면 자동으로 결제됩니다.
최대 9% 리디포인트 적립 혜택도 놓치지 마세요!
이미 구매한 작품입니다.
원하는 결제 방법을 선택해주세요.
대여 기간이 만료되었습니다.