[체험판] Modern R Programming Cookbook
Recipes to simplify your statistical applications
- 출간 정보
- 2017.10.10. 전자책 출간
- 파일 정보
* 이 책은 본권의 일부를 무료로 제공하는 체험판입니다.
* 본권 구입을 원하실 경우, [이 책의 시리즈]→[책 선택] 후 구매해주시기 바랍니다.
<[체험판] Modern R Programming Cookbook> ▶Book Description
R is a powerful tool for statistics, graphics, and statistical programming. It is used by tens of thousands of people daily to perform serious statistical analyses. It is a free, open source system whose implementation is the collective accomplishment of many intelligent, hard-working people. There are more than 2,000 available add-ons, and R is a serious rival to all commercial statistical packages. The objective of this book is to show how to work with different programming aspects of R. The emerging R developers and data science could have very good programming knowledge but might have limited understanding about R syntax and semantics. Our book will be a platform develop practical solution out of real world problem in scalable fashion and with very good understanding. You will work with various versions of R libraries that are essential for scalable data science solutions. You will learn to work with Input / Output issues when working with relatively larger dataset. At the end of this book readers will also learn how to work with databases from within R and also what and how meta programming helps in developing applications.
▶What You Will Learn
- Install R and its various IDE for a given platform along with installing libraries from different repositories and version control
- Learn about basic data structures in R and how to work with them
- Write customized R functions and handle recursions, exceptions in R environments
- Create the data processing task as a step by step computer program and execute using dplyr
- Extract and process unstructured text data
- Interact with database management system to develop statistical applications
- Formulate and implement parallel processing in R
- Develop strategies to speed up your R code
- Tackle programming problems and explore both functional and object-oriented programming techniques
- Learn how to address the core problems of programming in R with the most popular R packages for common tasks
▶Who This Book Is For
This book is for developers who would like to enhance their R programming skills. Some basic knowledge of R programming is assumed.
▶What this book covers
- Chapter 1, Installing and Configuring R and its Libraries, covers the recipes on how to install and configure R and its libraries on Windows and Linux platforms.
- Chapter 2, Data Structures in R, covers the data structures of R and how to create and access their properties and various operations related to a specific data structure.
- Chapter 3, Writing Customized Functions, guides you to create your own customized functions and understand how to work with various data types within a function and access an output of a function.
- Chapter 4, Conditional and Iterative Operations, covers the use of conditional and repetition operators in R.
- Chapter 5, R Objects and Classes, guides you in creating the S3 and S4 objects and how to use them in a variety of applications.
- Chapter 6, Querying, Filtering, and Summarizing, introduces you to the dplyr library for data processing. This is one of the most popular libraries in R for data processing.
- Chapter 7, R for Text Processing, covers the recipes related to working with unstructured text data.
- Chapter 8, R and Databases, helps you learn how to interact with a database management system to develop statistical applications.
- Chapter 9, Parallel Processing in R, uses the parallel processing approach to solve memory problems with a larger datasetand uses the XDF file for processing.
R is a high-level statistical language and is widely used among statisticians and data miners for developing statistical applications. The objective of this book is to show the readers how to work with different programming aspects of R. Emerging R developers and data scientists may have very good programming knowledge but their understanding of the R syntax and semantics could be limited. This book will be a platform to develop practical solutions to real-world problems in a scalable fashion and with very good understanding of R. You will work with various versions of R libraries that are essential for scalable data science solutions. You will learn to work with I/O issues when working with the relatively larger datasets. By the end of this book, you will also learn how to work with databases from within R.
- Jaynal Abedin
Jaynal Abedin is currently doing research as a PhD student at Unit for Biomedical Data Analytics (BDA) of INSIGHT at the National University of Ireland Galway. His research work is focused on the sports science and sports medicine area in a targeted project with ORRECO --an Irish startup company that provides evidence-based advice to individual athletes through biomarker and GPS data. Before joining INSIGHT as a PhD student he was leading a team of statisticians at an international public health research organization (icddr,b). His primary role there was to develop internal statistical capabilities for researchers who come from various disciplines. He was involved in designing and delivering statistical training to the researchers. He has a bachelors and masters degree in statistics, and he has written two books in R programming: Data Manipulation with R and R Graphs Cookbook (Second Edition) with Packt. His current research interests are predictive modeling to predict probable injury of an athlete and scoring extremeness of multivariate data to get an early signal of an anomaly. Moreover, he has an excellent reputation as a freelance R programmer and statistician in an online platform such as upwork.
▶TABLE of CONTENTS
1: INSTALLING AND CONFIGURING R AND ITS LIBRARIES
2: DATA STRUCTURES IN R
3: WRITING CUSTOMIZED FUNCTIONS
4: CONDITIONAL AND ITERATIVE OPERATIONS
5: R OBJECTS AND CLASSES
6: QUERYING, FILTERING, AND SUMMARIZING
7: R FOR TEXT PROCESSING
8: R AND DATABASES
9: PARALLEL PROCESSING IN R
내가 남긴 별점 0.0
'구매자' 표시는 리디북스에서 유료도서 결제 후 다운로드 하시거나 리디셀렉트 도서를 다운로드하신 경우에만 표시됩니다.
본문 끝 최상단으로 돌아가기
사용 가능 : 개
<>부터 총 화
총 화 대여 완료했습니다.
남은 작품 : 총 화 (원)
[체험판] Modern R Programming Cookbook
대여 기간 : 일
결제 금액 : 원
결제 가능한 리디캐시, 포인트가 없습니다.
리디캐시를 충전하시면 자동으로 결제됩니다.
최대 9% 리디포인트 적립 혜택도 놓치지 마세요!
이미 구매한 작품입니다.
원하는 결제 방법을 선택해주세요.
대여 기간이 만료되었습니다.