Go Programming Cookbook Second Edition
Over 85 recipes to build modular, readable, and testable Golang applications across various domains
- 출간 정보
- 2019.07.19. 전자책 출간
- 파일 정보
<Go Programming Cookbook Second Edition> ▶Book Description
Go (or Golang) is a statically typed programming language developed at Google. Known for its vast standard library, it also provides features such as garbage collection, type safety, dynamic-typing capabilities, and additional built-in types. This book will serve as a reference while implementing Go features to build your own applications.
This Go cookbook helps you put into practice the advanced concepts and libraries that Golang offers. The recipes in the book follow best practices such as documentation, testing, and vendoring with Go modules, as well as performing clean abstractions using interfaces. You'll learn how code works and the common pitfalls to watch out for. The book covers basic type and error handling, and then moves on to explore applications, such as websites, command-line tools, and filesystems, that interact with users. You'll even get to grips with parallelism, distributed systems, and performance tuning.
By the end of the book, you'll be able to use open source code and concepts in Go programming to build enterprise-class applications without any hassle.
▶What You Will Learn
- Work with third-party Go projects and modify them for your use
- Write Go code using modern best practices
- Manage your dependencies with the new Go module system
- Solve common problems encountered when dealing with backend systems or DevOps
- Explore the Go standard library and its uses
- Test, profile, and fine-tune Go applications
- Develop applications for different domains using modern programming techniques
- Tackle common problems when it comes to parallelism, concurrency, and reactive programming in Go
- Work with ready-to-execute code based on the latest version of Go
▶Who This Book Is For
If you're a web developer, programmer, or enterprise developer looking for quick solutions to common and not-so-common problems in Go programming, this book is for you. Basic knowledge of the Go language is assumed.
▶What this book covers
- Chapter 1, I/O and Filesystems, covers common Go I/O interfaces and explores working with filesystems. This includes temporary files, templates, and CSV files.
- Chapter 2, Command-Line Tools, looks at taking in user input via the command line and explores processing common datatypes such as TOML, YAML, and JSON.
- Chapter 3, Data Conversion and Composition, demonstrates methods for casting and converting between Go interfaces and data types. It also showcases encoding strategies and some functional design patterns for Go.
- Chapter 4, Error Handling in Go, showcases strategies to handle errors in Go. It explores how to pass errors, handle them, and log them.
- Chapter 5, Network Programming, demonstrates usage of various networking primitives such as UDP and TCP/IP. It also explores Domain Name System (DNS), working with raw email messages, and basic Remote Procedure Call (RPC).
- Chapter 6, All about Databases and Storage, deals with various storage libraries for accessing data storage systems such as MySQL. It also demonstrates the use of interfaces to decouple your library from your application logic.
- Chapter 7, Web Clients and APIs, implements Go HTTP client interfaces, REST clients, OAuth2 clients, decorating and extending clients, and gRPC.
- Chapter 8, Microservices for Applications in Go, explores web handlers, passing in a state to a handler, validation of user input, and middleware.
- Chapter 9, Testing Go Code, focuses on mocking, test coverage, fuzzing, behavior testing,
and helpful testing tools.
- Chapter 10, Parallelism and Concurrency, provides a reference for channels and async operations, atomic values, Go context objects, and channel state management.
- Chapter 11, Distributed Systems, implements service discovery, Docker containerization, metrics and monitoring, and orchestration. It mostly deals with deployment and productionization of Go applications.
- Chapter 12, Reactive Programming and Data Streams, explores reactive and dataflow applications, Kafka and distributed message queues, and GraphQL servers.
- Chapter 13, Serverless Programming, deals with deploying Go applications without maintaining a server. This includes using Google App Engine, Firebase, Lambda, and logging in a serverless environment.
- Chapter 14, Performance Improvements, Tips, and Tricks, deals with benchmarking, identifying bottlenecks, optimizing, and improving the HTTP performance for Go applications.
Thank you for choosing this book! I hope it will be a handy reference for developers to quickly look up Go development patterns. It is meant to be a companion to other resources and a reference that will hopefully be useful long after reading it once. Each recipe in this book includes working, simple, and tested code that can be used as a reference or foundation for your own applications. The book covers a range of content from basic to advanced topics.
▶About the Author
- Aaron Torres
Aaron Torres received his master's degree in computer science from the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology. He has worked on distributed systems in high-performance computing and in large-scale web and microservices applications. He currently leads a team of Go developers that refines and focuses on Go best practices with an emphasis on continuous delivery and automated testing.
Aaron has published a number of papers and has several patents in the area of storage and I/O. He is passionate about sharing his knowledge and ideas with others. He is also a huge fan of the Go language and open source for backend systems and development.
▶TABLE of CONTENTS
1 I/O and Filesystems
2 Command-Line Tools
3 Data Conversion and Composition
4 Error Handling in Go
5 Network Programming
6 All about Databases and Storage
7 Web Clients and APIs
8 Microservices for Applications in Go
9 Testing Go Code
10 Parallelism and Concurrency
11 Distributed Systems
12 Reactive Programming and Data Streams
13 Serverless Programming
14 Performance Improvements, Tips, and Tricks
내가 남긴 별점 0.0
'구매자' 표시는 리디북스에서 유료도서 결제 후 다운로드 하시거나 리디셀렉트 도서를 다운로드하신 경우에만 표시됩니다.
본문 끝 최상단으로 돌아가기
사용 가능 : 개
<>부터 총 화
총 화 대여 완료했습니다.
남은 작품 : 총 화 (원)
Go Programming Cookbook Second Edition
대여 기간 : 일
결제 금액 : 원
결제 가능한 리디캐시, 포인트가 없습니다.
리디캐시를 충전하시면 자동으로 결제됩니다.
최대 9% 리디포인트 적립 혜택도 놓치지 마세요!
이미 구매한 작품입니다.
원하는 결제 방법을 선택해주세요.
대여 기간이 만료되었습니다.