Create interactive data-driven visualizations for the web with the D3.js library
- 출간 정보
- 2019.05.03. 전자책 출간
- 파일 정보
<Learn D3.js> ▶Book Description
D3 is not a charting library. It doesn’t contain any pre-defined chart types, but can be used to create whatever visual representations of data you can imagine. The goal of this book is to introduce D3 and provide a learning path so that you obtain a solid understanding of its fundamental concepts, learn to use most of its modules and functions, and gain enough experience to create your own D3 visualizations. You will learn how to create bar, line, pie and scatter charts, trees, dendograms, treemaps, circle packs, chord/ribbon diagrams, sankey diagrams, animated network diagrams, and maps using different geographical projections. Fundamental concepts are explained in each chapter and then applied to a larger example in step-by-step tutorials, complete with full code, from hundreds of examples you can download and run.
▶What You Will Learn
- Learn to use D3.js version 5 and web standards to create beautiful interactive data-driven visualizations for the web
- Bind data to DOM elements, applying different scales, color schemes and configuring smooth animated transitions for data updates
- Generate data structures and layouts for many popular chart formats
- Apply interactive behaviors to any chart
- Create thematic maps based on GIS data using different geographical projections with interactive behaviors
- Load, parse and transform data from JSON and CSV formats
- Explore the latest D3.js 5 for creating charts, plots, and force-directed graphics
- Build Real-time visualization and transition on web using SVG with D3.js
▶Who This Book Is For
▶What this book covers
- Chapter 3, Quick Start, includes a practical step-by-step introduction to D3.js exploring a bit of everything that will be covered later in this book. You will learn how to bind data to HTML and SVG elements and create a simple horizontal bar chart, with interactive features and animated transitions.
- Chapter 4, Data Binding, covers most of the d3-selection module and describes data-binding strategies in detail using several examples. In this chapter, you will also learn how to load and parse external data files and use the d3-dsv and d3-fetch modules.
- Chapter 5, Manipulating Data and Formatting, explores tools from six modules: d3-array, d3- collection, d3-random, d3-interpolate, d3-format and d3-time-format. You will learn how to transform data arrays, create new collections using grouping, generate random distributions, histograms, interpolate all kinds of data and format dates and numbers according to a locale.
- Chapter 6, Scales, Axes, and Colors, shows how to create and configure axes for Cartesian or radial grids (d3-axis), and scales that convert data from an input domain to an output range (d3-scale). Color schemes, interpolators, and color manipulation tools are also covered in examples that use the d3-color, d3-scale-chromatic and d3-interpolate modules.
- Chapter 7, Shape and Layout Generators, explores the generator functions from the d3-shape module used to create some classic chart types such as line, pie and stacked area charts. In this chapter, you will learn how to generate the data to render these charts in SVG or Canvas.
- Chapter 8, Animation and Interactivity, covers event handling, transitions and interactive behaviors in D3, exploring the d3-transition, d3-ease, and d3-timer modules. This chapter also explores zoom (d3-zoom), drag (d3-drag) and brush (d3-brush).
- Chapter 9, Visualizing Hierarchical Data, shows how to prepare a data set so that it can be used to represent a hierarchy, using nesting techniques and tools provided by the d3- hierarchy module to represent hierarchical data as a tree, dendogram (cluster), treemap, circle pack or partition.
- Chapter 10, Visualizing Flows and Networks, explores the visualization of network and flow diagrams. You will learn how to create a Sankey diagram (d3-sankey), a chord/ribbon diagram (d3-chord), and a force-directed animation simulation (d3-force).
- Chapter 11, Visualizing Geographical Data, explores the d3-geo module, which contains tools for operations in planar and spherical geometry. You will learn how to render interactive map visualizations using D3.js using different geographical projections.
This book was created as a guide to help you learn and explore D3.js. Its goal is to provide a learning path so that you obtain a solid understanding of its fundamental concepts, learn to use most of its modules and functions, and gain enough experience to create your own D3 visualizations.
Fundamental concepts are explained in each chapter and then applied to larger examples in step-by-step tutorials. There are hundreds of examples you can download and run.
Code listings are used throughout the book, but most of the time they focus on a specific feature and show only a fragment of the full code. But you can always download the full listing. All the code examples used in the book are available from a public GitHub repository (see details below). You can try out all the code examples as you learn. You can also use it in any way you like since it's free and open source.
This book covers the basic and advanced features of D3. By the time you finish reading this book, having practiced with the code examples, I believe you will have a very good and solid knowledge of this library.
▶About the Author
- Helder da Rocha
▶TABLE of CONTENTS
2. Technical Fundamentals
3. Quick Start
4. Data Binding
5. Manipulating Data and Formatting
6. Scales, Axes, and Colors
7. Shape and Layout Generators
8. Animation and Interactivity
9. Visualizing Hierarchical Data
10. Visualizing Flows and Networks
11. Visualizing Geographical Data
내가 남긴 별점 0.0
'구매자' 표시는 리디북스에서 유료도서 결제 후 다운로드 하시거나 리디셀렉트 도서를 다운로드하신 경우에만 표시됩니다.
본문 끝 최상단으로 돌아가기
사용 가능 : 개
<>부터 총 화
총 화 대여 완료했습니다.
남은 작품 : 총 화 (원)
대여 기간 : 일
결제 금액 : 원
결제 가능한 리디캐시, 포인트가 없습니다.
리디캐시를 충전하시면 자동으로 결제됩니다.
최대 5% 리디포인트 적립 혜택도 놓치지 마세요!
이미 구매한 작품입니다.
원하는 결제 방법을 선택해주세요.
대여 기간이 만료되었습니다.